Red Nose day sees Infomentum raises £400 for Comic Relief - with a few red noses, some good (and bad) jokes and the Fantastic Five taking a pie in the face!
On March 15th, Infomentum got into the sprit of all things funny and set a goal of raising £250 for Comic Relief – the reward? Well, besides raising money for a great cause, five people volunteered themselves to get a pie in the face.
So, who stepped forward? Dan, Marta, Vikram, Caroline and Alessandro.
Some say they had no choice, others say they jumped at the chance… one or two probably didn’t know until it was announced!
We started the evening with a joke competition to find Infomentum's funniest person. Everyone was asked to submit 3 jokes (see below), with the top three selected to tell their jokes that evening. The winner threw the first pie and then selected another person from the audience to throw the next pie and so on. State of the art ‘Measure loud sound’ app decided that the winner was Andrew, however, in his absence, runner up Caroline had the honours. Our funniest 3 finalists were Andrew, Caroline and Sital.
Caroline choose Sital to throw the next pie - much to her regret!
Next was Anousha’s turn…
Followed by Pasquale…
And lastly, Karunakar raced forward to get the last pie in!
Finally, here’s a selection of the jokes…
- How many men does it take to change a toilet roll? - Nobody knows - it's never been tried
- Two monkeys were getting into the bath. One said: ‘Oo, oo, oo, aah aah aah.’ The other replied: ‘Well, put some cold in it then.'
- Arm wrestling joke… It might be offensive...
- What’s the fastest cake in the cake shop? – Scone
- This morning I tried to catch some fog… Mist
- I hate auto-correct, it always makes me say things I didn’t Nintendo
- And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster
- Someone stole my Microsoft Office and they're gonna pay... You have my Word
- A wife sends her husband a text on a cold winter's evening: "Windows frozen". The husband replies: "Pour some warm water over them". Sometime later the Husband receives an answer from his wife: "The computer is completely ****** now!"
- I was so hungry I swallowed a dictionary – it gave me thesaurus throat
It was a great evening and the best part was that we not only reached our goal – but we smashed it with an amazing £400 raised within a week!
A big Thank You to everyone at Infomentum!